Limestone, also known as natural stone, raw lime stone, etc., is widely used in various industries like cement, glass, chemical, fertilizer, etc. Our excellent quality Limestone is available in mesh sizes of 100 / 150 and lump sizes of 0-6mm, 0-2mm, 0-3mm, 10-40mm, 10-100mm, and big boulders. Limestone that we provide is highly acknowledged for purity and accurate composition.
Industry wise use of Limestone
- Cement Industry
- Limestone containing about 45% CaO and above is usually preferred for the manufacturing of cement.
- Magnesia content in the stone should ideally be less than 3%, although as high as 5% MgO is used by the industry.
- The proportion of Al2O3 + Fe2O3: SiO2 should be 1:2:5. Magnesia sulphur and phosphorus are regarding as most undesirable impurities.
- Iron & Steel Industry
- Limestone is used in this industry both in the blast furnace to lower the temperature of melting and second to from calcium silicate by combining with silica of the iron ore, which comes out as slag.
- For this purpose good fluxing limestone low in acid constituents such as silica, alumina, sulphur and phosphorus is required. CaO +52% is preferred. The limestone should be dense, massive, preferably fine grained, compact and non-fretting on burning.
- Chemical Industry
- The calcium carbide manufactures generally prefer lime containing 52% CaO (min.), not more than 1.5% SiO2.
- Glass Industry
- Glass industry required high limestone (CaCO3: 94.5%) combine CaCO3 and MgCO3 should be 97.5%.
- Fertilizers Industry
- The latest use of limestone introduced in the country is in the manufacture of calcium ammonium fertilizers, limestone is used only as carrier.
- For this purpose limestone should contain MgCO3 + CaCO3 85% (min.) SiO2 5% (max.) and acid in-soluble 14% (max.)
- Chemical name : calcium carbonate
- Chemical formula : CaCO3